A boy was at a carnival and went to a booth where a man said to the boy, “If I write your exact weight on this piece of paper then you have to give me $50, but if I cannot, I will pay you $50.”
The boy looked around and saw no scale so he agrees, thinking no matter what the carny writes he’ll just say he weighs more or less.
In the end the boy ended up paying the man $50. How did the man win the bet?
What is black when you buy it, red when you use it, and gray when you throw it away?
|From the Whole|
What is it that when you take away the whole, you still have some left over?
|Slim and Tall|
I am slim and tall,
Many find me desirable and appealing.
They touch me and I give a false good feeling.
Once I shine in splendor,
But only once and then no more.
For many I am “to die for”.
What am I?
|Days of the Week|
Can you name three consecutive days without using the words Monday, Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday, Friday, Saturday, or Sunday?
- It is greater than God and more evil than the devil. The poor have it, the rich need it and if you eat it you’ll die. What is it?Show the answer » Link
Nothing. Nothing is greater than God, nothing is more evil than the devil, the poor have nothing, the rich need nothing and if you eat nothing you’ll die
- Think of words ending in -GRY. Angry and hungry are two of them. There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word? The word is something that everyone uses every day. If you have listened carefully, I have already told you what it is.Show the answer » Link
It states, “There are only three words in the English language. What is the third word?” The third word of that phrase is of course “language.” Don’t get angry at me, I didn’t make it up
- I turn polar bears white
and I will make you cry.
I make guys have to pee
and girls comb their hair.
I make celebrities look stupid
and normal people look like celebrities.
I turn pancakes brown
and make your champagne bubble.
If you squeeze me, I’ll pop.
If you look at me, you’ll pop.
Can you guess the riddle?Show the answer » LinkThe answer to this admittedly lame riddle is, “No.” The reason is that the question at the very end asks if you can guess the riddle and there is nothing that satisfies the requirements above.
- I drift forever with the current
down these long canals they’ve made
Tame, yet wild, I run elusive
Multitasking to your aid.
Before I came, the world was darker
Colder, sometimes, rougher, true
But though I might make living easy,
I’m good at killing people too.Show the answer » LinkElectricity (or lightning)
- Three brothers share a family sport:
A non-stop marathon
The oldest one is fat and short
And trudges slowly on
The middle brother’s tall and slim
And keeps a steady pace
The youngest runs just like the wind,
A-speeding through the race
“He’s young in years, we let him run,”
The other brothers say
“‘Cause though he’s surely number one,
He’s second, in a way.”Show the answer » LinkThe hands on a clock (hour, minute, second).
- There is one word that stands the test of time and holds fast to the center of everything. Though everyone will try at least once in their life to move around this word, but in fact, unknowingly, they use it every moment of the day. Young or old, awake or in sleep, human or animal, this word stands fast. It belongs to everyone, to all living things, but no one can master it. The word is?Show the answer » Link
- My days are in the summer
When you’ll eat me when I’m hot
In fact I’ll even eat myself
Where battles tough are fought
But when you find me in a fight
‘Twill be high in the sky
And if you catch me napping
I suggest you let me lie
When you’re bad come to my house
From Ma get thoughts profound
Am I big or am I small?
Some say I’m just a pound.Show the answer » LinkDog. Dog days, hot dog, dog pound, dog fight.
- This is a most unusual paragraph. How quickly can you find out what is so unusual about it? It looks so ordinary you’d think nothing was wrong with it – and in fact, nothing is wrong with it. It is unusual though. Why? Study it, think about it, and you may find out. Try to do it without coaching. If you work at it for a bit it will dawn on you. So jump to it and try your skill at figuring it out. Good luck – don’t blow your cool!Show the answer » Link
The most common letter in the English language, the letter e, is not found in the entire paragraph.